Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [NEWS] China Aircraft Carrier Coins

Thanks
    Trades :   1  
    PM
    Have anybody seen them "live"? If so, where?

Thanks
    Trades :   0  
    PM
    Figures.... I like the 5oz. gold the best. The 1oz. silver looks like it will be pretty cool as well and if the other gols coin is 1/4oz not the 1oz as pictured it may be affordable.
    There are alot of ship/ship coin enthusiasts out there. Might be a good coin to have.

Thanks
    PM
    according to the article posted by F79 the prices are already moving up rapidly (If I read it correctly).

Thanks
    Trades :   15  
    PM
    Anyone seeing any pricing ?? I am getting some real high prices out of Shanghai over 200 usd for the silver 1 oz my guy says to wait you know how that goes sometimes it works out ,sometimes it dont

Thanks
    Trades :   9  
    PM
    Yeah, I came across some pricing for the gold and silver set today. Not cheap.

Around $1000USD for the 1/4oz Gold and 1oz Silver set.

Yet to arrive in Shanghai. But when it does, I hope to be first in line to get some

Predictions are for its price to drop after a few weeks. But I've got a gut feeling that the price won't drop.

I think the same thing was said the 1/4oz Silver Panda last year, and their price didn't ever go down.

Thanks
    PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jc888888888 View Post
    Anyone seeing any pricing ?? I am getting some real high prices out of Shanghai over 200 usd for the silver 1 oz my guy says to wait you know how that goes sometimes it works out ,sometimes it dont
    updated today. although I don't know the accuracy of this information.
    http://en.shyzgw.com/New.asp?id=2054

Thanks
    PM
    I got that same feeling you do Yennus on this coin as far as pricing goes ............

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jc888888888 For This Useful Post:

mowi (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    PM
    Like I said before there are a lot of ship enthusiasts. China may look at it as a historic piece as well (don't know the Chinese collectors mind).
    Yennus are ship motifs a popular collectible in general in China?
    The US has what I think is a good base for ship collectibles.

Thanks
    PM
    The aircraft carrier coins are over speculated to 90times of its face value. many collectors could not get the coin, even they wish to pay for such a high price.
    Details:
    http://en.shyzgw.com/New.asp?id=2063

Name:  201311114737.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  34.2 KB
    The aircraft carrier coin set was released on Dec. 28th, 2012, which includes 4 coins, 2 silver and 2 gold. Its small mintage makes the coin hard to see in Nanjing. Now, the coins are not available in Nanjing yet, which is predicted to have such a small quantity that you can’t get it even you’ve queued for long time.
    According to a franchised dealer in Nanjing, the mintage of the coins is so few, for example, 2000 for the 5 oz gold, Nanjing may be distributed only several ones. A staff of a gold store told the journalist, only about twenty to thirty sets of 1/4 oz gold and 1 oz silver aircraft carrier coins would be available.

Market prices for the coins are over speculated to 90 times of its face value
    The aircraft carrier coins become mystery for its small mintage, some collectors even wish to buy the coins with cashes. As a mater of fact, the coin prices have been over speculated. Take the 1kg coin for example, it has been over speculated to over RMB27000 Yuan, 90 times of its face value of 300 Yuan. However, the cost of the coin is about RMB10000 Yuan, including the raw material cost of RMB7000 Yuan and process cost. Besides, the 5 oz gold coin with mintage of 2000 Yuan and face value of RMB2000 Yuan was over speculated to nearly RMB90000 Yuan.

Since spot coins are not available in Nanjing yet, futures are on sale in Nanjing. The 5 oz gold coin futures price is about RMB80000 Yuan on Dec. 28th, and RMB88000 Yuan on Dec. 29th, which was approaching RMB90000 Yuan yesterday.

Dealers might give priority to their members

How to distribute the coins, as few coins are available for such extensive collectors? A dealer said he will give the coins to the members with the highest accumulative scores. It is also troublesome to have a reasonable and fair method to sell these coins. No doubt, he will give the priority to his membership. Some people can not get the coins even queuing for a long time.

According to Mr. Chen, a dealer, the aircraft carrier coin drew great attention from collectors for its good theme of Liaoning Aircraft Carrier and its small mintage, which are the two keys for collectibles. The aircraft carrier series may be continued and form an independent section.

Some collectors have no idea what kind of coins are worth collecting. A senior collector advised: generally, collectors should collect the coins released by People’s Bank of China, and retailed by China Gold Coin Incorporation, because firstly, the coins are guaranteed on quality and process. Secondly, the coins are strictly controlled in mintage, which have great potential on appreciation and worth collecting.

Basic information of the aircraft carrier coin pls see:
    http://en.shyzgw.com/New.asp?id=2037

Thanks
    PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flora79 View Post
    The aircraft carrier coins are over speculated to 90times of its face value. many collectors could not get the coin, even they wish to pay for such a high price.
    Details:
    http://en.shyzgw.com/New.asp?id=2063
    not good