Thread: Gold and silver seller charged with Internet swindle

Thanks
    Trades :   9  
    PM

Gold and silver seller charged with Internet swindle

Gold and silver seller charged with Internet swindle
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/gold-a...1#.ULCD94WiKKw

"...
    Earl Abdulmalik Mohammed, 47, the owner of Global Gold and Metals Trading in Dumfries, faces a single count of mail fraud, a crime that carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison.

The business advertises the sale of Pamp Suisse silver bars, Johnson Matthey silver bullion bars, Chinese Silver Panda Coins, Australian Silver Dragon Coins and United Kingdom Silver Britannia coins.

According to charging documents filed in federal court in Alexandria, the FBI's Internet Crimes unit began to investigate after receiving numerous complaints, many of them with the same story: Mohammed would make good on the first several orders to gain the customers' trust, but once the customer makes a sizable order, the business took the money but never delivered the good....

Mohammed, who also goes by the name Earl A. Hill..."

Wow, that's scary. Remember to take care when dealing with others.

Thanks
    Trades :   0  
    PM
    This may be a good place to introduce myself. I've made my way here via CCF and just general internet surfing. I was caught up by this guy and it basically went like the article stated. i was buying from them/him since late 2010. Ran into troubles March of 2012. I'm not out as much as some referred to in the article but it is more than enough to me. I was somewhat involved in the case against GGMT in that I posted a report on Ripoffreport.com and filed a complaint with the Va. state attorney general office. I was referred to the USPIS case by making contact with others that were involved recognizing their handles from forums on the internet. Anyway, for now I chalk it up to a life experience and hopefully will be compensated for my loss.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satosan For This Useful Post:

jc888888888 (26-11-2012),yennus (25-11-2012)

Thanks
    Trades :   9  
    PM
    Ouch! Thanks for sharing about your experience.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully it will come back to you one way or another.

I'm glad you helped put an end to that bad trader.